Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dear Republican Hopefuls - You Better Believe We Care About Your Personal Life

It seems that the new set of Republican candidates for president think that we shouldn't be looking at the private lives of candidates. Well, all I can say is that this is TOTAL B.S.

I once heard someone say, "A man who will cheat on his wife will cheat on his men." I'm glad that Newt confessed his sins, but he's crazy if he doesn't think I'll take his philandering into account when he runs.

What scares me most is that there is not a single presidential front-runner who I would even _consider_ voting for. I like Giulliani, but not as a president. Chris Rock had an amusing comment which I think is true. It was something like "he's like a bulldog -- great to have in a crisis, but otherwise he'll eat your children."

There's one person who I don't know much about that I _might_ be interested in voting for. As I said, I don't know much about him. But it's Sam BrownBack.

If it comes down to Giulliani or Gingrich versus Obama, I'm going Obama. If it's Giulliana or Gingrich versus Hillary, I'm voting libertarian. Or just writing in someone that I _do_ think would be good for president.

As a conservative, the Republican party is starting to scare me. For information on why, you should check out Breach of Trust: How Washington Turns Outsiders into Insiders. Tom Coburn is a stand up guy. He was the ONLY member of the Republican revolution to uphold his promise of voluntary term limits, and is quite critical of Republicans from a conservative perspective.

All that to say that conservatives are TIRED TIRED TIRED of the Republican party, and, to the politicians, YOU WILL NOT GET A FREE PASS ON YOUR PERSONAL LIVES NO MATTER WHAT IDIOT YOU HAPPEN TO BE RUNNING AGAINST. NOR DOES THAT (R) ON THE TICKET MEAN MUCH ANYMORE. YOU'VE DILUTED IT FAR TOO LONG AND NOW YOU WILL BE PAYING THE PRICE AT THE POLLS.

3 Comments:

At 3/21/2007 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it comes down to Giulliani or Gingrich versus Obama, I'm going Obama.

Obama over Gingrich? You're nuts! Frankly, Gingrich could sleep with animals and I'd choose him over Obama or Hillary.

Between Brownback and Gingrich I'd choose Brownback no question...

 
At 3/21/2007 4:16 PM, Blogger Christa said...

Ummm... honey - if you vote for Obama, my vote will cancel yours out. Why on earth would you vote for a man who was raised as a radical Muslim? Even if he's now a member of a church in Chicago, that would be nuttier than voting for a guy who isn't faithful to his wife.

Now I'll quit reading blogs and get back to homeschooling our children.

 
At 3/22/2007 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sir:

Great post and blog. While I agree with you, I am not so sure I am willing to go as far as you and would be more inclined to follow your wife's lead. I feel as frustated as you. In addition to Brownback, I have also been hopeful that Mike Huckabee would emerge as a strong candidate. Fred Thompson is also on my radar.

Thank you for your time. I truly enjoy your blog.

Respectfully,
Joseph

 

Post a Comment

<< Home